I managed to get an appointment with my DDS today. The dentist, he took an x-ray and then he said, "hmm" and then "yep", and then he ground one of my teeth down some. It didn't hurt because it's partially fake anyway. The way my bite is, the back teeth are the only ones that touch. Since my jaw is misaligned, one particular tooth absorbs the impact when I bump & grind (aw yeah) in my sleep. It's going to hurt like hell eventually. That's the terrible pain I'm experiencing now. I tried to discuss TMJ with him, but he waved it off, even as I persisted, as it's a hard thing to diagnose apparently and insurance companies do not cover it. Doc is certain that a mouth guard will help. It isn't clear to me how it will make the pain in my neck and head go away. I suppose that's my problem. It was what I was going to the doctor for before this whole tooth emergency began. I'm now convinced the both problems are related, so. Aha.
I've looked into it, but can't afford acupuncture, sadly. It was something that I was genuinely excited about, but it's not covered by my insurance. Chiropracters are, on the other hand. I booked an appointment for this Friday morning. I don't want to rely on pain relievers. They're great, believe me, but it's not something I want to become dependent on.
Besides from being tired all of the time and having some pain which, oddly, is not relieved by taking Vicodin, I'm fine. Maybe a little complainy. Misery, company, and all that.
Right before all of the horribleness went down. Photo by ATM:
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. You've been on my mind! You are a trooper. I am *really* hopin' and prayin' the chiro helps! Keep us posted. Oh, and that's an amazing photo of you and the kitties. <3
Nicole, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Deep down, I know I'll be fine, but nothing beats whining about it online. :)
I love that picture to pieces! We have crappy teeth.
Post a Comment